Porticciolo or Porticiolo, is a marine of Cagnano Valley, located N of Bastia.
The houses, very old, were grouped for a security issue, once. The roofs of local stone to retain its authentic small port.
If this small town had a relatively high until 1875 even with a shipyard, boats trading with Italy and Bastia, and many fishermen (yet ten in 1960), it remains today more that one fisherman and 75 inhabitants in winter! This small port is not accessible to boaters.
Porticciolo ou Porticiolo, est une marine de la vallée de Cagnano, située au N d'Erbalunga.
Les maisons, très anciennes étaient regroupées pour une question de sécurité, autrefois. Les toits en pierres locales conservent à ce petit port son caractère authentique.
Si ce petit port avait une activité relativement importante encore jusqu'en 1875 avec un chantier naval, des barques commerçant avec l'Italie et BASTIA, et de nombreux pêcheurs (une dizaine encore en 1960), il ne reste aujourd'hui plus qu'un seul pêcheur et 75 habitants l'hiver !
Ce petit port n'est pas accessible aux plaisanciers.
Share your comments or photos on "Marine de Porticciolo"
Capo Sagro is located at 11 NM. S Finocchiarola islands. He has a signal station and a semaphore rises N of it. Mount Merizatodio, 778 m high, is 1.5 MN to W Cape and dominates the immediate area.
The village of Erbalunga, situated 1.5 miles SSW of Capo Sagro, stands on the S ...
Capraia is one of the seven islands of the Tuscan Archipelago, on the road between Cape Corsica and Elba. It is an island of 335 inhabitants (the Capraiesi) of the Province of Livorno. It lies 64 km from Livorno, 37 km from Gorgona and 31 km from Corsica. Its area is 19 km2. It has ...
The village of Luri is located in the heart of Cape Corse. Particularly
well protected harbor with a jetty semicircular with a depth of 3
meters to 2 meters and the entrance to the pier which is riprapped at
the base. Sheltered from northerly winds, a little ...
The towers, square or circular, have always three floors: a level for water supplies, food and ammunition, another for life and the last for the day. Their garrison, 2 to 4 men, assured the watch with the lights and regulatory signals in case of risk, informed sailors, shepherds ...
Marine de Meria, a small cove, is entered 1.5 miles SSE of Macinaggio and can be recognized by an old mill which stands on a rocky promontory on the N side. A small town is situated near the shore at the head of the cove. Sommet Castello, 475m high, stands 1.5 miles WSW of the ...