South Foreland Lighthouse

South Foreland Lighthouse

Pour géolocaliser ce lieu. Mettre à jour si besoin.

Localisation

South Foreland Lighthouse
LatitudeLongitude
DMS------
DM------
DD------

Caractéristiques

Phare

Description

South Foreland Lighthouse is a Victorian lighthouse on the South Foreland used to warn ships approaching the nearby Goodwin Sands. It went out of service in 1988 and is currently owned by the National Trust.

South Foreland was the first lighthouse to use an electric light. By 1875 the lighthouse was using carbon arc lamps powered by a steam-driven magneto.
2015/09/14
Mettre à jour
dd
South Foreland Lighthouse
2015-09-14
Mettre à jour
dd
Ebook

Manche - English Channel

  • 239 sites
  • 182 photos
  • publication date: 4 Aug 2021
  • .pdf file size: 221 Mb
Partagez vos remarques ou photos sur "South Foreland Lighthouse"

Sites autour de South Foreland Lighthouse

Flying distances - Direct line

White Cliffs on Dover

0.1nm
209°
The White Cliffs of Dover on the English coast are one of the most well known English landmarks. They can be seen from Calais and from the Channel. They hold a special value in English history.
15 Feb 15

Dover Harbor

1.4nm
233°
Port protégé par une digue.
27 Aug 11
dman4u

Dover

2.3nm
224°
ROYAL CINQUE PORTS YACHT CLUBDon't neglect to visit the Royal Cinque Ports Yacht Club when in Dover.  We are situated on the harbour front with outstanding views of the harbour from the terrace.  The club is only 5 minutes' walk from the marinas, and we welcome visiting ...
1 Feb 12
Atb

Ramsgate

11nm
Attention au banc de sable à tribord en entrant dans le port de plaisance, serrer à babord
23 Apr 16

Cap Gris Nez

18nm
153°
Ce phare, mis en service en 1957, est constitué d'une tour cylindrique de pierres apparentes.
Son feu blanc est à 72 mètres au-dessus de la haute mer.
Sa portée est de 29 NM.
4 May 12
dd