The first lighthouse in Denmark was etablished in Skagen and Anholt in 1561. For many years there was a tilt beacon on Anholt eastern end, but in 1788 this was replaced by the brick lighthouse which stands there today was built under the leadership of Poul Løvenørn. During the 1807-14 war England was all Danish lighthouses off, but the British captured the island and then turned again lighthouse. They built a fortress around the lighthouse, "Fort York" called. Around the lighthouse, they built a kassemat showing the inner part is there still today. In 1881 the lighthouse was raised to its current heigh of 42 meters.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen
Mettre à jour
Partagez vos remarques ou photos sur "Anholt - DK"
Fornæs LighthouseGrenaaAfter England War 1807-14 was the marking of the Danish coasts to a halt. In 1830 lighthouse inspector C.A. Leth responsible for the Danish lighthouse. And he spent 1838-1839 two new lighthouse construction, first lighthouse at Hirsholmen and then lighthouse ...