Sailing Guide

South Foreland Lighthouse

english
english
français
français
italiano
italiano
español
español
Due to the new pricing policy of Google Map, the site will be disrupted from 16 July 2018. An alternative is under consideration. Sorry for the inconvenience.

South Foreland Lighthouse

Characteristics

Description

South Foreland Lighthouse is a Victorian lighthouse on the South Foreland used to warn ships approaching the nearby Goodwin Sands. It went out of service in 1988 and is currently owned by the National Trust.

South Foreland was the first lighthouse to use an electric light. By 1875 the lighthouse was using carbon arc lamps powered by a steam-driven magneto.
14/09/2015
Update
dd
South Foreland Lighthouse
14/09/2015
Update
dd
Exprimez vous

Localisation

To precisely geolocate this site. Update if necessary.

Sites around South Foreland Lighthouse