Lighthouse by Blåvandshuk was built in 1899-1900, since it replaced a wooden beacon which was established in 1888. The foundation, which is made of concrete, is 4 meters down into a drifting sand dunes, and this is a socket on the 2 switches built of granite stone. The tower, which is 39 meters high, built of reinforced concrete, while the doors and windows are used pitch pine. Blåvandshuk lighthouse is built to the same drawings as Keldsnor lighthouse on Langeland of lighthouse-engineer H.V. Ravn.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen