On the soutwestern ornaments of Helgenæs is Sletterhage lighthouse. Located off the gulf of Århus, Århus Municipality had set up a lighthouse here already in 1872, and this lighthouse was taken over by Lighthouse-administration in 1894. It replaced the old lighthouse with the days following, new, 16 meter high lighthouse, which is listed in reinforced concrete. The tower rets on a concrete foundation, which is 4 meter in diameter.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen