This lighthouse is built from 1830 and guides the navigators since February 1st, 1834. Located on the tip of St. Martin, 75 meters above sea level, the lighthouse has a height of 47 meters. The current Fresnel lenses and catadioptric rings were installed in 1904. They scanned the night with two 10-second flashes for a visual range of 26 nautical miles.
It has the shape of a cylindrical shaft placed on a base of two levels, originally octagonal and then enlarged in 1950 for the purposes of electrification. It is automated in 1980 and has been registered as a historic monument since November 6, 2009.