Lanai island, also known as "Pineapple island" because of its past as an island-wide pineapple plantation.
The island's only settlement of note is the small town of Lānaʻi City.
As of 2012, the island was 98% owned by Larry Ellison (Founder and Chairman of Oracle), with the remaining 2% owned by the state of Hawaii.
It is separated from the island of Molokaʻi by the Kalohi Channel to the north, and from Maui by the ʻAuʻau Channel to the east.
There is one school, Lanai High and Elementary School, serving the entire island from kindergarten through 12th grade. There are no traffic lights on the island.
Lanai has a few small indentations that might offer a limited bit of protection as anchorages in calm conditions.
Maui island (Hawaii)
Maui, also known as the" Valley isle", for the large isthmus between its northwestern and southeastern volcanoes and the numerous large valleys carved into both mountains.
It has 120 miles of coastline for you to surf, snorkel, walk, ride,
windsurf--you get the idea. And they ...
11 Dec 15
Oahu island (Hawaii)
Oahu, known as "The Gathering Place", is the third largest of the hawaiian islands, however, it is home to about two-third of the population of the US state of Hawaii, and is the home of Honolulu international airport.The state capital, Honolulu, is on Oahu's southeast coast. Including ...
6 Dec 15