The first lighthouse erected on Kegnæs, was built in 1844-45. In 1864 the lighthouse was transferred to the German administration in conjunction with other lighthouse in Schleswig-Holstein. In 1896 entered the German administration the current 18 meter high lighthouse was plastered brick and transformed into a angle lighthouse, which emits its light at a height of 32 meters. Brick lighthouse was for many years whitewashed, but it stands today yellowwashed - highly visible for anyone who travels to Kegnæs.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen