Once the busiest port in the region, its facilities were mainly for exporting of processed tin ore. Opened in 1877 as the gateway for cargo ships, Port Weld is now called Kuala Sepetang. No longer a main port, it is now mainly used by fishing boats.
In the past, Port Weld was an important port for import export activities between Taiping and Penang. Apart from Teluk Intan. Port Weld is also used as an exit point to the Kinta District and Upper Perak District. At that time, the items traded were opium, preserved vegetables, tobacco and tin ore.
The port is now only used by native craft.
The port has two concrete T-headed jetties. The northernmost jetty is the Customs Jetty, which is 27m in length. The Government Jetty is 12m in length. This jetty is mainly used by fishing vessels.