After England War 1807-14 was the marking of the Danish coasts to a halt. In 1830 lighthouse inspector C.A. Leth responsible for the Danish lighthouse. And he spent 1838-1839 two new lighthouse construction, first lighthouse at Hirsholmen and then lighthouse at Fornæs just north of Grenaa. In 1892, the current 27 meter high lighthouse, built of granite stone in 67 shifts, since it is built on a solid chalk layers. Stairs inside the lighthouse has 84 steps and is performed in finely hewn granite stones which are sealed in the tower's outside wall.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen