Ramaypatnam Light, from which a radiobeacon transmits, is shown from a hexagonal concrete tower lying on the coast 0.8 mile NE of the church at Ramaypatnam, built in 1870, that served as a land mark for the benefit of ships cruising off the Ramaypatnam coast.
The Lighthouse Tower was built in 1982 and the PRB-21 equipment supplied
by M/s Asia Navigation Aids,New Delhi was installed on it. The
lighthouse was commissioned in to service on 26th June1982. The sealed
beam lamps were replaced by Auto Head lights with 12 V 100 W halogen
lamps in February 1996.