At the end of 1700s there were only lighthouse on the Kullen and Kronborg to lead the major traffic toward the Sound. In 1770 it was decided to build two lighthouse on Nakkehoved ved Gilleleje, and was built in 1772. That there would be a double lighthouse here was that it would be distinguishable from the Kullen lighthouse. Western Nakkehoved lighthouse still in operation was the largest. It was built in brick on a granite plinth with an original height of 7.5 meters. In 1898 the lighthouse was raised to 24 meters and with a location on the high cliff gives it a flame height of 54 meters above sea level.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen