West of Kalundborg
Revsnæs lighthouse was built in 1844. After England 1807-14 war ships were increasingly way through the Great Belt and from the Baltics. Thereby avoiding the healthy to pay customs at Helsingør. In 1830 sent the 12 skippers in vain a letter to the Admiralty in Copenhagen to have marked the Great Belt, and again in 1836 complained 45 skippers at the lack of traffic sign. Then there was constructed a lighthouse on Fornæs on Hesselø and Revsnæs. The lighthouse was a 11 meter high square tower which was grouped with lighthouse keeper dwelling. In 1859 the lighthouse was increased by 4 meters to its current height.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen