The first lighthouse at Stevns was built in 1818 by Poul Løvenørn the end of the lighthouse's building inspector who was on top of Stevns Klint. It was not a tower, but merely an extension. In 1878 entered this a new 27 meter high lighthouse. The lighthouse is built of limestone in a 1/2 feet tall granite plinth. The tower is then jointed, plastered and whitewashed. But the old lighthouse from 1818 still stands beside the new lighthouse.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen