Sailing Guide

Anholt - DK

english
english
français
français
italiano
italiano
español
español

Anholt - DK

Characteristics

Description

Anholt Lighthouse

The first lighthouse in Denmark was etablished in Skagen and Anholt in 1561. For many years there was a tilt beacon on Anholt eastern end, but in 1788 this was replaced by the brick lighthouse which stands there today was built under the leadership of Poul Løvenørn. During the 1807-14 war England was all Danish lighthouses off, but the British captured the island and then turned again lighthouse. They built a fortress around the lighthouse, "Fort York" called. Around the lighthouse, they built a kassemat showing the inner part is there still today. In 1881 the lighthouse was raised to its current heigh of 42 meters.  

By: Holger Novotny Thomsen  

      

       

30/09/2010
Update
Anholt - DK
16/08/2010
Update
Anonymous
Exprimez vous

Localisation

To precisely geolocate this site. Update if necessary.
Farsvps.com tashrifatearoos