1 January 1863 Hirtshals lighted beacon, which had taken the entire 2.5 years to build. Construction of the lighthouse was the culmination of a plan from 1854 when it was decided first to move the Skagen lighthouse and partly to build a new lighthouse at Hirtshals. The level stood Light House engineer C.F. Grove of. The 35 meter high lighthouse was built on a concrete and granite base, while the tower is built of red brick convered with dutch clinker. Until 1896 the tower stood the red brick color, but this time it was whitewashed in a light gray tone. Latern taken are covered with copper plates.
By: Holger Novotny Thomsen